The fall program calendar is in full swing in most of our churches. It can be especially busy for clergy and lay employees. How are you managing your time and balancing family, work, and self care? Do you need a time and way for your soul to catch up with your body?
After 30+ years as a lay employee of the Episcopal Church, I continue to serve in many ways, particularly in coaching and spiritual direction with clergy and lay employees.
I am in the Episcopal Diocese of Virginia and can meet you at the Bishop’s Fall Conference at Shrine Mont this month if you’d like to ask me questions.
You may be familiar with spiritual direction, or have a spiritual director. Coaching is a bit different. What is it?
- Coaching is a purposeful dialogue in God’s presence between the two of us, that helps unlock your potential and enrich your ministry and leadership.
- I will:
- Seek to create a safe space where you can share, reflect, try on new ideas…
- Help you ask questions and unlock the answers.
- Use deep listening, empathy, curiosity, and give feedback.
- You set the agenda – what is working well or not so well? What are the outcomes you hope for? I adapt the strategy based on what you want out of this.
Are you in the Episcopal Diocese of Virginia?
If so, and if you’ll be at the Fall Bishop’s Conference at Shrine Mont this month I’d be happy to meet with you and answer your questions. Send me an email and we’ll set up a time.
Learn more: email me.
You can read a fuller bio of me here.
Carolyn Moomaw Chilton